27/9/08

Guadalhorce ponds, 26 September

I am stuck at home with severe tendonitis in my right knee and on the point of starting to suffer withdrawal symptoms (what shall I do without going to the ponds on a Sunday morning?). However, Steve Penn and his nephew went down there yesterday morning and didn't get rained upon.

We had a smashing morning's birding, with it being overcast the light was perfect and we saw some lovely birds, great close ups and scoped veiws of Whinchat and Booted Eagles, 3 Sparrowhawks, 2 Marsh Harriers, 1 Squacco Heron, Willow Warblers, loads of Fan-tailed Warblers and many more. Wader-wise not too much, 3 Knot, 1 Redshank, 1 Greenshank, 4 Curlew Sands, Turnstone, LRPs, Sanderling, 1 Avocet - best days birding since I was there with you in the spring. (--) It was a shame that you couldn't have been with us (my sentiments too!) but it was a last minute decision to go as they´d predicted rain for the next few days and we weren't sure whether to go or not , but I'm mighty glad we did.

No hay comentarios: