27/3/09

A busy few days (1)

Things have been a bit on the slightly busy side of life since 18 March, which was when the Paterson family took off en masse to touristically destroy Tenerife in three short days, a situation which is not conducive to much birding by myself but I did manage a bit, as the few photos of birds will show and the first shot, of the dormant volcano Teide will show that I was indeed there.

The weather was not of the best, with plenty of low, grey cloud and rain, but I saw and managed to photograph a male Blue Chaffinch, with 3 males at less than 5m range, and also an hyperactive Berthelot's Pipit.

Good birds seen but not photographed included Canary Islands Blue Tit, a very attractive little chap with a dark, almost ultramarine, blue cap, and Canary Islands Chiffchaff.

On the seabirds side, on the Teresitas beach near Santa Cruz, this adult Lesser Black-backed Gull (there is a small breeding number in the Canaries) making up to a Yellow-legged Gull which looked like the atlantis race to me.

And last, but not least, in the gardens of the Loro Parque in Santa Cruz, this rather fine lizard which looked incredibly prehistoric and reminded me, not of my late mother-in-law (which is what you were expecting me to say, admit it!) but of an English comic - so-called and possibly defunct - by name of Les Dawson.

No hay comentarios: